Sunday, April 22, 2012

   My initial goal in these notes,was to increase awareness's, for others to avoid possible dangerous situations with regards to, "Pet's"... mostly dogs. Because dogs are more closely relative to society and seem to have the most problems regarding, "Dog Bites".
   We have a lot of people in our daily lives that just don't take the responsibilities of pet ownership seriously. Or they are not aware of the dangerous situations they can encounter. Pets are like guns, in the wrong hands are very dangerous. 
   I will first tell you of a personal story to show that I do have experience in the matter of how it feels to be the victim of a dangerous dog attack and what I learned from it...
   Art the age of 5, our family was visiting one of my many Aunt's house on a hot summer day. As I recall  it was pretty normal for our Parent's to send us children outside to play, because kids are very loud and noise y! And the grown-ups just love to talk and catch up on all the news of the family...leaving us to be watched by the older kids (sometimes not a good idea, because the older kids are always thinking of ways to pull dumb stunts on the younger kids), but mostly it's just a part of being a kid...Just as a biting dog is part of being a dog...
   Anyway there was 5 or 6 of us kids running around the swing set in the yard, playing (Tag), climbing up the ladder and sliding down the slide. Chasing each other, laughing, playing having a good ole time. It was so much fun to us, that my Aunt's German Shepard decided she would join in the fun and started to chaise us
too. We, being just kids... did not know how doing this for a couple of hours would affect the dog...just being a dog...( Dogs after chasing prey for long periods of time, get very worked-up into a frenzy and with no controls or discipline can become the next new's story in your Family to talk about around the table).
On the last time up the ladder, the dog grabbed me by the cuff in my pants and jerked me off the ladder,
and to the ground I fell... From then on is somewhat of a blur, but I'm sure that I was crying for my parents...as was the other kids. ( Crying while being attacked is taken by a dog, to mean that you are the weakest of the litter and can cause an attack to become more vicious), Because the dog had begun to bite my face and throat...then I heard my Dad yelling and kicking at the dog to get him off me... my Mom picked me up, Bleeding everywhere from the encounter and started running down the street to the nearest hospital,
 ( in those days it wasn't very close) so I'm glad my dad got the car!
   As a result of all this I had 27 stitches to my face and throat, and back then there was only one way to determine if the dog had rabies. So they destroyed My Aunt's Dog and sent It's head to be tested...
The part of this story that I truly am sorry for, because now days we know we can hold a animal  for 10-Days quarantine instead of destroying, someone's beloved pet.:(
   I began a series of rabies shot's which caused me more pain than getting bit, because I was allergic. So for 7 more days I suffered with intense itching,scratching and having my hands tied so I couldn't scratch till I bled... But all said and done, my Mom always said, she didn't understand why I Loved Animals so much?
  I would grow to understand that accidents do happen, with no intentions by anyone...Just us Kids being Kids and My Parents being Parents and a Dog being a Dog and none of us Thinking...
"What could Happen"?


Confucius Says: "If you Love and Care for Something, "Watch-Out for It"
Confused Says: " I am still trying to help other Dogs, to make-up for My Aunt Losing Her's"...:(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to add comments/ or suggestions / or just share...Thanks